The Pursuit of Happiness

I had an interview this morning and the girl who was in charge of the interview told me and my friend her life story. She had financial problem in her family few years ago and she has a father who likes to gamble and a mother who is very strict to her. She has never felt the warmth of a family and she had to clear her father’s debt. She met her mentor at the age of 17 and now she is earning RM5500 per month and owns a new Vios. She expressed her concern to both me and my friend about our scope of life and from her tone, I felt that she thinks that we are ignorant about the reality of life particularly MONEY. I’m not angry, just that I really felt surprised our view on the very meaning of happiness is so different. She didn’t pointedly say out that to be a pharmacist (my ambition) is wrong choice for me, but she did mention that I have very long road before I can achieve success (earning a lot of money). In my opinion, I see pharmacist as a profession that really help other people in their daily lives. Yes, I do not deny that it requires a few years to become one but I really do not want to give up my ambition for the sake of $.

PS: That girl and I are of the same age.

posted under |

4 comments:

Lo Kelween said...

same here. money x beat interest.

Anonymous said...

how have u been? ^^
happy working?

Lo Kelween said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaixian said...

Pei san,how are you?have you found any job?

Newer Post Older Post Home

My Cute Home

Followers


Recent Comments